(5 out of 5 stars) Excellent!
The Smith’s 50281 Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener (see lowest price) uses electric power and significantly reduces the amount of time spent sharpening a knife, even when compared to the other more classic sharpeners. Although it comes at a relatively higher price, the performance and reliability of this knife sharpener are quite satisfactory. This knife sharpener incorporates the interlocking wheel technology by Smith’s, using both ceramic abrasive and diamond materials significantly increasing the versatility of this knife sharpening machine. This increase in versatility enables sharpening of everything, including kitchen knives and even thicker hunting knives, all at a similar angle with the original factory edge.
>> See Lowest Price <<
Product Features and Specifications
The Smith’s Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener features two knife sharpening slots, a coarse slot for the sharpening of dull or damaged knives and a fine slot for the final polishing of blades, which comes after using the coarse sharpening slot. It includes a soft grip at the top surface of this unit for a better grip allowing for a comfortable handle and keeping the machine in place while sharpening knives. It features non-slip rubber feet, which ensure stable and secure sharpening on every flat surface by helping to prevent unnecessary movements. This Smith’s sharpening machines additionally features a cleaning brush, inserted into the slot in the same manner as the knives, after dipping it in water, for an effortless and efficient cleaning.
This sharpener features a diamond interlocking wheel technology, which equally sharpens both sides of a knife blade quickly, precisely, and leaves no burr on the knife’s cutting edge, totally eliminating any possibilities of damage or marring. The overall quality of sharpness produced by this diamond sharpening wheels might even be a tad bit better than that of the manufacturer. An angle adjusting dial that enables the sharpening of all sorts of knives, from the thick blade hunting knives to the thin bladed kitchen knives, at a similar angle to the original factory edge, by merely setting the angle and pulling a knife through the slots. This sharpener also features a groove for sharpening serrated blades through the use of specially-shaped and crossed ceramic stones, mainly designed to follow the various contours of both large and small serrations, this serrated blade sharpener slot folds into the unit’s housing when it is not in use.
The design of this sharpener’s ceramic overlapping wheels and diamond interlocking wheels enables sharpening at multiple angles providing a precise machine configuration to the edge of a blade and results in a perfect combination of performance, edge retention, and sharpness. This characteristic is opposed to the other edge configurations which usually offer just one of these three components. The size of the Smith’s 50281 Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener is 10.4 x 5.8 x 3.8 inches, weighs 6.7 pounds and has an output of 68.2 watts. It is covered by a three-year limited use warranty and requires no batteries to run.
Pros and Cons
- This sharpener’s ceramic overlapping wheels and diamond interlocking wheels enable the sharpening of alloy, stainless steel, and carbon knives that have a bevel on both of the blade’s sides. This sharpener is capable of sharpening kitchen knives, pocket knives, tactical knives, custom knives and outdoor sports knives such as fishing, hunting, as well as camping knives.
- The ceramic overlapping wheels and diamond interlocking wheels enable multiple-angle sharpening, which provides precision machine edge configuration to the blade and results in a perfect combination of performance, edge retention, and sharpness.
- This sharpener has the capability of sharpening serrated blades. It uses specially-shaped and crossed ceramic stones that follow contours of large and small serrations, effectively grinding all sizes of serrated knives.
- The diamond interlocking wheel technology quickly and precisely sharpens both sides of a knife blade without leaving any burr on the cutting edge and assures zero likelihood of damage and sharpness that rivals that of the manufacturer.
- This sharpener conveniently saves the user a considerable amount of the time traditionally used to sharpen knives because it is faster than other electric sharpeners and features the overlapping and interlocking wheels that enable double-sided sharpening at once.
- The design of the interlocking wheels of this sharpener is not for sharpening single-sided bevel knives, ceramic blades, or serrated blades. Only the manual sharpening slot, located at the side on this sharpening machine, can be utilized for sharpening serrated blades.
- The price of this electric sharpener might be steep to most of the interested customers.
As much as we might have different demands, budgets, and tastes when it concerns knife sharpening, we might all agree that technological advancement offers us incredible benefits in the knife sharpening tools.
The reputation of Smith’s for overall delivery of quality additionally plays a major role in the assurance of a reliable product. This particular electric knife sharpening machine offers the best way to attain the right factory sharpening angle on just about any type of knife, with excellent assistance on the adjustments of the sharpening angles. If you are on the lookout for a reliable and durable electric knife sharpening machine, and the price is not one of your bigger concerns, then the Smith’s 50281 Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener is a worthwhile purchase. For more information you can check the manufacturer’s website.